PCRG is a non-profit archaeological research and education organization. Each year we offer opportunities for people of all skill levels—from novices to experts—to experience archaeology first-hand. Follow these links to learn more about how you can get involved.
ONLINE RESOURCES FOR COLORADO ARCHAEOLOGY AND HISTORIC PRESERVATION
In 2018, PCRG launched the next generation of archaeological research in Colorado. Online Resources for Colorado Archaeology and Historic Preservation (ORCA) is an open-access platform designed to support research, cultural resources management, and public education in Colorado archaeology. The site features a research library, a compendium of links to online resources, and tools for online communication and collaboration. A core component of the site in a new refereed journal called Reviews in Colorado Archaeology, which publishes authoritative and critical reviews, original research, and thematic contexts.
Founded in 1996, Paleocultural Research Group is a member-supported, 501(c)(3) nonprofit that conducts scientific research, trains students, and educates the public on the archaeology of the Great Plains and Southern Rocky Mountains. PCRG maintains long-term partnerships with a diverse mix of federal agencies, state agencies, and universities. PCRG members, research affiliates, and staff are experienced in the design and implementation of cooperative research and education programs featuring extensive public involvement. PCRG public archaeology projects have taken place in Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, Nebraska, Arizona, and Texas.
- National Science Foundation
- National Park Service
- Bureau of Land Management
- U.S. Forest Service
- History Colorado - State Historical Fund
- State Historical Society of North Dakota
- University of Colorado - Denver
- University of Colorado - Boulder
- Colorado State University Department of Anthropology
- Douglas County
- Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area
- Northern Plains National Heritage Area
- South Park National Heritage Area
- University of Arkansas Department of Anthropology
- University of Oklahoma Department of Sociology
- University of Colorado Department of Anthropology
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead Department of Anthropology and Earth Science
- Rocky Mountain Tree-Ring Research
- Colorado State Land Board
- RMC Consultants, Inc.
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Metcalf Archaeological Consultants, Inc.
- Alpine Archaeological Consultants, Inc.
- Colorado Council of Professional Archaeologists
- Colorado Archaeological Society
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Mandan Hidatsa Arikara Nation
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- University of Missouri Department of Anthropology
- University of Kansas Department of Anthropology
- Univesity of Colorado Institute for Arctic and Alpine Research
- North Dakota Department of Transportation
- Northern Arizona University
- Martorano Consultants, LLC
- Bismarck Parks and Recreation District
- Kansas Geological Survey
- Buffalo State College Department of Geography and Planning
- Eastern Oregon University Department of Anthropology and Sociology
- U.S. Geological Survey
- University of Colorado Department of Geography and Environmental Science
- North Dakota Archaeological Association