Paleocultural Research Group is seeking to hire a Project Archaeologist. We are seeking an experienced, creative archaeologist who is passionate about research and public education who wants to be part of our growing team. PCRG is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and education organization based in Broomfield, Colorado. We conduct grant-funded research in the Great Plains and Rocky Mountains in partnership with state and federal agencies.
Recent field projects include research on Plains Village sites in North Dakota, mountain lithic quarries, Old Spanish Trail sites, peeled Ponderosa pine trees, and Early Ceramic camps on the Front Range.
The primary responsibility of this position will be research and report preparation for field projects completed in the past 12 months.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Map and graphic production using ArcGIS 10.x and Adobe Creative Suite
- Laboratory analysis of selected artifact classes (depending on experience)
- Site form production
- Supervising work-study students and volunteers in a lab setting
- Assisting with project planning
- Acting as a crew chief during the summer field season
- Assisting with volunteer coordination and camp activities during the field season
- Presentations at professional and avocational meetings and public events
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing
- A graduate degree in anthropology/archaeology
Salary and Benefits
The position will be at least 12 months in duration. Extensions will depend upon availability of grant and contract funds. Wages will be between $2900-3500 per month (at 40 hours per week), depending on qualifications and experience. PCRG employees get six (6) paid holidays per year, a flexible work schedule, and the opportunity to do innovative research with a motivated team.
Send a resume or CV, a writing sample (thesis or dissertation chapter, single-authored report chapter or journal article), and names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to highlight other skills that may be relevant to this position you may also include a cover letter describing them. For full consideration, applications must be received by October 28, 2019.